Saturday, October 27, 2007

God is Still Moving Today

This past week has been amazing. On Tuesday night- Thursday we have had the Missions Convention. It was really neat to hear the stories and challenges from the missionaries. The main speaker was Marc Sankey and he really gave stirring challenges about really serving God for the right reasons. Thursday night especially helped me. He spoke about how we need to do everything for the glory of God, and that hard times may come, but we've got to be willing to face it, because it will cause God to get more glory. It is still working in my heart, and I am not sure what all God is doing, but it's great. I was able to interview one of the missionaries for my Christian Service class. He works in Haiti and is an energetic fireball! He was so encouraging. He told me about how he felt God had called him into missions and how God had helped him throughout his life. I sat with him for about 20 minutes probably. It was really neat. I asked him what he thought was the greatest danger of being a missionary was, and he said spiritual bankruptcy. He was telling me how the reason we don't have revival in our churches is because the pastors aren't in their prayer closets, and they aren't feasting on the Word of God. It was so great to be able to talk with someone who was so on fire for God. During services he'd be saying, "Yes, yes,yes,yes" and give out shouts every once in awhile. I hope to maybe go down to Haiti sometime in one of their conferences. He gave me a few quotes, one that I can remember without my paper: stay close to God in the closet and He will be with you in the fire. It was very encouraging to be with him. Then after the Missions Convention, (last night and this morning) I went to my home church, where they were having Shadrach Youth Discipleship Ministry weekend retreat. It was another very wonderful time, and God really answered prayer. I wasn't able to stay for all of it, but what I was there for was really great. Tomorrow (Sunday), Eric Himelick is going to be sharing at my church, which is strange, because I won't even be there. But it's amazing how God is working out all these strange connections all of the sudden. Anyways, that's about it for now. I can use prayer for teaching my "nursery" class down at Victory Chapel.

No comments: