Friday, September 7, 2007

The Interesting Life I Lead in College

College life is very interesting. It's a lot better than I thought it would ever be. I am taking 18 credit hours this semester. It's a pretty good load, plus I am working 12 hours on campus, to assist in taking care of any spare time that I might have. My classes are Pentateuch, Old Testament Literature, Christian Service, General Psychology, Intro to Computers, Manual Skills for Ministry, and Orientation/Practice of Prayer. I am really enjoying the Christian Service class. It's about evangelism and ministering in the local church that you are in. I am going to Victory Chapel on Sundays, and God's Holiness Church on Thursdays. Victory Chapel is in downtown Indy, and is sort of a mission church. We go out in buses and vans and pick people up and take them to the church, and then after service we have a meal together. It's been really good. I am excited about helping out there. I will be helping with the children there. God's Holiness Church is just getting started, so most of the members are from the school. We are going to go out calling and try to get some kids together and minister to them- sort of like a little Bible club. Tonight I am going to downtown Indy to do some street outreach. I am really excited about it. We have learned the basic message of the Bible, and so I am looking forward to sharing that method with someone. That's the update on school and church news!

No comments: