Saturday, August 18, 2007

Exciting New Happenings

Well, I am officially at Union Bible College now. This past week I have just been working around the campus, and getting to know people and learning who people are and where stuff is. It's a really nice college. There is a little town area a little ways down the road, trees in front with lots of cicadas, and very nice and friendly people who want you to do God's will. It's great. I am excited for classes to start and for everything to get going. Here it is very "schedulized" compared to other colleges. Once school starts everyone (whether you have a class or not) must be up, with their bed made by 7:00 AM. Then at night you have study hours from 7-9:30 PM that are mandatory. Lights out is at 11:00, unless you get special permission- then you can extend to 12:00. I still am not sure what classes I am taking but some of them include the following: Orientation/Practice of Prayer, Pentateuch, Old Testament Literature, and that's all I know of so far. I took an English placement test and a Bible Knowledge test, but haven't heard how I did yet. I am looking forward to getting started (which I already said once, but wanted to reiterate). Anyways, everything is going much better than I thought was possible. I am rooming with a girl named Bao. She's from Thailand, and she is really nice and extremely funny. She is also majoring in missions, so she has been a big help in knowing what to expect in my classes. I attended Pilgrim Nazarene Church on Wednesday and it was very nice. The people there have a sincere love for God and during the prayer time you could tell that they really meant business. That is one thing that I like about the college. During prayer times, everyone joins in and prays together in praise and petitions. It is a rare thing, even in churches, let alone college students. I am planning on going to a mission in downtown Indianpolis this Sunday. I am going to help with a special event they are doing at a park. I am excited about all the different things that are available for me to get involved with more outreach. I am looking forward to the year ahead. Thank you all for your prayers for me.

No comments: