Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fresh- Grown Salsa!

Saturday I made homemade salsa. I think it came out pretty good. I used the tomatoes and hot peppers from our garden. I just kind of guessed at how much to make and what to add, seasoning wise. Mom gave me a recipe, but it was hard to know how much to add, because I didn't really know how much I was making. I got 11 jars; 6 hot and 5 medium, hopefully. It was kind of hard for me to know how much hot peppers to put in so I just put a few spoonfuls and hope that we'll be able to taste the spice. I added onions and green bell peppers (had to buy those, but maybe not next year). I used the canner and just gave the jars a hot water bath. The lids all sealed so I'm really happy about that. I hope that I'll get enough tomatoes again that I'll be able to make some spaghetti sauce. Here's some pictures from the experience.

No comments: