Monday, December 24, 2007

CHRISTmas Eve Events

Christmas Eve is here, and yet again things are very interesting.... It's 8:39 PM and I am sitting in the Emergency Room at the local hospital. All plans are forgotten. Thoughts of Christmas music, party foods, games, time with family, etc are all just thoughts. I guess this is a blessing (in disguise), that we often take for granted. Just think, 2,000 some years ago Mary had Jesus in a cave. There wasn't anything sanitary about the birth of the Savior. Yet, here I am in a very sterile hospital, with someone being treated for something that in the old days, people would just ignore or cast out of the towns. Thankfully I'm not the one going into the hospital and double thanks that I just got a laptop.... So I am updating all my profiles while I am sitting here. My aunt who has had problems in the past with random things is here being put in the psychiatric ward, I think (hope). In the past she has had seizures and because she is partly mentally retarded she is not quite normal. Recently she was tested and the doctor decided to take her off some of the medicine because she hadn't had any seizures. That was in the summer. Well, all of the sudden something very strange has started happening and she is thinking about everything that has ever happened in her life and random distorted things/people/and strange thoughts are all coming out in rambling sentences that go on and on. It is very strange. I've never heard anything like it in real life. I've studied Psychology this past semester and did research about Schizophrenia and so I think it is very interesting, but sad. My mom is really taking it hard. I don't know what's going on right now, but the last thing I heard was that the nurse that they were talking to listed a bunch of disorders that she's having.... My aunt was at one hospital, but they didn't have the facilities for the kind of problems she's having, so they told her to go home... Needless to say, that didn't work. Hopefully, we will be able to get her into the mental hospital here and get her back to normal. My Dad, who used to work here, said that usually it takes weeks to get someone in her condition back to normal, not one week (which is how long she was in the other hospital). Anyway, I am having a very interesting Christmas Eve to say the least!

No comments: