Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Sliding Down a Waterfall!!!

Here's just a little foretaste of a future report about my week at Shadrach Youth Discipleship Ministry.... One day the girls went on an excursion down to a stream... It was beautiful!! I felt like I was in the jungle in some faroff country. There were flowers and little ferns and one person on the trail (age 9 or 10) said "This must be Paradise!" It was really nice. Anyways, I was with Karin, the administrator/one of my greatest spiritual mentors, and we were going to go see this little waterfall that everyone else had already seen. So we went around this little bend in the stream and there was the waterfall.... it was beside this little cave like thing- a huge rock that you could walk under. Anyways, it was a bit warm and the water in the stream wasn't very deep, so I decided that I wanted to go stick my head under the waterfall. So I climbed up this black rock, that was kinda slippery because of the water that was coming down, but I got up and stuck my head under.... boy, did it feel good! As I tried to ease my way back down the slippery slope I lost control and went sliding down.... it was great!!!! I looked at Karin and was laughing, so she said I could go back up and do it again.... I did it a third time, and then went running back around the bend to go get everyone else to come slide down the waterfall. We went down for about an hour!!! Because the stream was so low, I had been kind of disappointed about not being able to swim, but God knew and had me, of all people, slide down a waterfall, which brought a lot of other girls enjoyment too. I ended up going down feet first, head first, backwards, and double. It was a blast. I went away with a huge black bruise on the back of my leg, from a pointy rock, or something, but it was well worth it. I hope I can go back again someday!

No comments: