Monday, March 10, 2014

First Thoughts About My Trip to the Other Side of the World

It's finally official! We are going to Papua New Guinea for six weeks. We thought and prayed about it for several months, then we got lots of snow, which meant a little extra income for us. It will be my first time out of the country, besides a quick day- trip to Canada. It will also be my first memorable flight. All of these firsts will be shared with my children. I'm looking forward to seeing their reactions to everything, as well as my own. There are a lot of things to prepare for packing- wise, but also in my thoughts and expectations. I've heard so many stories and seen pictures/videos that I feel I know what to expect, but I know seeing things myself, in person, will be different. I'm worried about meeting all the family and tribesmen, but excited to see the people Win talks about and the places. I'm looking forward to it. Someone mentioned that I will be changed when I come home. I hope so. I hope I realize what I have and what I don't need; what makes me truly happy and what just adds stress to my life. I hope I see my real self, away from all the distractions of this Western society. I hope I am a blessing to those I meet and not just a spoiled American. I'm looking forward to six weeks without technology, for all of us.  I'm so thankful for this amazing opportunity. I pray that God uses me during these six weeks and works in my life to bring me closer to Him.

No comments: