Thursday, February 20, 2014

Toddler Play Day

This week I had a toddler get-together with a couple of friends. We all wanted to let our kids play together and also have the company ourselves. I invited several people to come, but this time only two other ladies were able to come. They both have little girls (22 months and 18 months). We started with letting the kids explore and play "together," which wasn't really together, but in the same area, and then ate lunch. We had all the littles sitting together; they were so cute! After we got done eating, I brought in a tub of snow and we were going to attempt to paint the snow.  The kids were so curious as to why I was bringing it inside. My boys immediately started trying to get their hands in it. :) We got some medicine droppers and used colored water to paint the snow. It was neat, but very challenging because the children were still so young, they didn't quite understand how to do it and what they were doing. So they wanted to dump it, or spill the water, etc. Ian just wanted to eat it, which was fine, except it got all over the floor. Jabin tried to do it fast and squirted it straight across the snow onto another girl's shirt... etc. Whew! I'm not sure how the teachers of toddler classes do anything with so many children!! We only had 4 toddlers and it got a little crazy.  Jabin loved to dig in the snow with his little shovel and tried to make a snowman with it. I should have brought some in before, when it was too cold to go out. Now it is getting warmer outside, so the snow is melting... which is GREAT!!





 I brought out a little farm sensory box, but they didn't really play with that. The little ones just threw it all out. Hahaha. So much for trying to plan something fun to do. Jabin liked it, but the little ones just wanted to go, go, go. No sitting down for them! So, overall it was fun, but I think my expectations were too high. :) They just wanted to do their own thing! Maybe next time I'll have some older ones come and try again. :)

No comments: