Tuesday, July 13, 2010

This week

Last Saturday I went to my parents' house and helped Mom freeze corn. I shucked almost 266 ears myself. There were a few that my mom did, but I did most of them. By the time we were done my hand had a cramp. :) Today I came back to my parents because Win went to KY to work. He sometimes goes there to work for several days at a time. I have a garden and it is coming up really good right now. The tomatoes, especially, are getting big. I have cucumbers and kale coming up from seed. My carrots, parsley, and lavender don't seem to be doing anything though. I'd like to get pictures up, but right now I don't have the technology to do it. Win and I are teaching Sunday school at Victory Chapel with the 8-11 year-olds. It is quite interesting at times. We just recently had a VBS and had quite a turnout- 85-95 kids almost every night. Now our pastor is thinking about having a completely different schedule for church and trying more to reach out to the teens and children, rather than adults. It will be interesting to see it actually play out. I don't know how it will go over with everyone that already comes to the church. I think it will be a major- upheaval. Roger Kuk is somewhere on his way to our house. He left PNG on Thursday and should be here soon. We actually aren't sure when he is coming, but he should be contacting Win pretty soon. I'm not sure how long he will stay; probably a month or two. Freda is going home this month, so we are having a going-away party for her this week on Saturday. Anyways, that's what's going on at our house lately.

No comments: